Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nagpuresushant
Frequent Visitor

Move Power BI reports from Import Mode to Direct Query

Hi,

In Power BI Desktop, I have CDS (Dataverse) as my data source and I have developed reports in 'Import Mode'.

Now, since couple of weeks back we are getting option to use Direct Query for CDS, and I want to move all my existing reports to Direct Query, is there any option to do so? 

Thanks,

Sushant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @nagpuresushant  ,

As far as I know, it is not possible to convert import mode to direct query mode, But direct query mode can be converted to import mode

If you really need to change it to direct query,

my suggestion is to create a new one using direct query then copy your applied steps from your previous report.

It will be quite time consuming but it will achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @nagpuresushant  ,

As far as I know, it is not possible to convert import mode to direct query mode, But direct query mode can be converted to import mode

If you really need to change it to direct query,

my suggestion is to create a new one using direct query then copy your applied steps from your previous report.

It will be quite time consuming but it will achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nagpuresushant , In the model view, when open the table properties, You have the option change storage, change it to direct query, and try

Storage_mode.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.