Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic column with 2 headers in Matrix

I would want to create a dynamic matrix table with a column slicer that can control which column you want to show in the table.

However, I cannot add two headers in the Matrix table.

I can only do dynamic columns with one header. If I use two headers, it will only show the values that I choose in the column slicer and won't hide the rest columns.

Is it possible to create a dynamic matrix table with 2 headers?

1.png

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, if these four columns are the value you need, I think the most practical method is actually this: you can add or remove the value field on the matrix instead of creating a slicer.

Or you can use a button to drill through report page.
Please refer to this link

Result:

v-yuaj-msft_0-1608686002495.png

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Of course, here is my test .pbix file.

I just create a matrix and a slicer to select multiple options.

Best Regards,

Yuna

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yuaj-msft ,

Unfortunately, my data is like this:

JayJiang_0-1608600223691.png

AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD are in different columns, and there are a lot of other columns as well. Is there a way that I don't need to pivot the table and do the same thing? 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which field should be filled with the value of matrix? All you provide me are fields that can only be used as  matrix headers. 

v-yuaj-msft_0-1608601586462.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuaj-msft ,

You are doing right. AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD columns have values I need. Some time I just don't need to see all of them. So I need a slicer to help me adjust the matrix. 

Thanks,

Jay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuaj-msft ,

Thank you for your help. It is what I'm looking for. How could you do that? Could you share your file here?

Thanks,

Jay

v-yuaj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on your description, I do a test. Is the result you want to achieve?

v-yuaj-msft_0-1608529444957.png

Best Regards,

Yuna

Anonymous
Not applicable

For instance, I have four columns, which are "AAA", "BBB", "CCC", "DDD". In some situation, I only want to check "AAA" and "BBB" columns' data (group by date).

Is ther a way that I can create a slicer for columns, so that I can choose to show specific column in the matrix? And add date as a header as well, then I can see all data by date. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can add two column(group by) to the column(pivot) of the matrix. I ma not sure what do you mean my dynamic here.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-matrix-visual

https://youtu.be/M5PvQUy-L_4

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.