Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

walid140891
Helper III
Helper III

Months are not ordered when the date is related to the next year (Jan 2021)

Hello,

Our charts axis are dates and Everything was ok until these dates started to be in Jan 2021, and now the columns are not in the right order:

walid140891_0-1606474552702.png

And this is the column I'm using in the axis:

walid140891_1-1606474636955.png

And that's how it looks like when I sort by month (asc/ desc):

walid140891_3-1606475022717.png

walid140891_2-1606474937294.png

When we delete the data of january from the source the months become well ordered, so the issue is about the data of 2021 which is coming before the months of 2020.

Any suggested solution.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. It doesn't seem to be a problem at all. Check how you are drilling down. The two down arrows will expand next level summarizing all years. That's why January will always be first. You have to use the icon with one arrow that splits in two right next to the two down arrows. Check the gif out (January = enero). The picture has as axis Year and Month Name (without quarter and day)

drilldownexampledrilldownexample

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. It doesn't seem to be a problem at all. Check how you are drilling down. The two down arrows will expand next level summarizing all years. That's why January will always be first. You have to use the icon with one arrow that splits in two right next to the two down arrows. Check the gif out (January = enero). The picture has as axis Year and Month Name (without quarter and day)

drilldownexampledrilldownexample

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi @ibarrau,

Thank you a lot for your help and your demonstration, you saved me.

I did what you mentioned in your answer, I included the year in the chart axis and right now it looks like this:

walid140891_0-1606480673178.png

Do you think I can also hide the year label from the charts right now?

Thank you again.

I'm not sure if you can get rid of the year. I wouldn't recommend it because it might be confusing for the final user without it :S

Happy to help 🙂

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.