Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Month filters

Hi! 

I am creating a marketing sales report. There are multiple channels.. the tabe looks similar to this:

Channel           Date               

Social                6/24/2017            

Broadcast         7/01/2017

Offline              3/15/2017

Social                4/17/2016

Print                  1/01/2017

I want to filter by month. 

The challenge comes with the Broadcast channel...

It is calculated according to what month the start of the week is in. But only the Broadcast channel. 

I know how to create a column that list the start of the week date. But how do I incorporate that in a filter without filtering all the channels by the start of the week date?

2 REPLIES 2
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous

can you give a bit more detail

1) what does your relationship view look like

2) what other data is in this context that you wanting to remain as is?

firstly you need to look i think at which direction the arrows are pointing in your relationships, is it single or bidirectional etc.

in order to avoid being filtered you can also create calculated measures that override the context, so for this relationships below based on the first of the month to broadcast data, you might want to create a inactive relationship that you iniate only in the measure for broadcast data

ie. calculate(measure, userelationship(broadcastdata[date], datetable[datetable]

however working a bit blind here as not quite sure what output you looking to do exaclty and knowing what your model looks like is important too

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries! I got it fixed. 

Thanks for the reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.