Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jake_BIVisual
Frequent Visitor

Model View missing tables after new table added.

I recently updated Power Query to add a new table (DimPayment). The table loaded fine and I can see it when I am in the Report or Data views. However, when I go to the Model view its not there.

jake_BIVisual_0-1617116214995.png

Report View: Table shows up no issues.

jake_BIVisual_3-1617116507293.png

Model View: Table is not visible??!!

jake_BIVisual_4-1617116565748.png

4 REPLIES 4
bwalidou28
Regular Visitor

I had the same issue and even after restarting Powerbi Desktop it didn't fix the issue, I was able to resolve this issue by opening the model view and then dragging the missing tables from the Data column to the model view space as shown in the screenshot below: 

bwalidou28_0-1691158547477.png

tango
Frequent Visitor

I faced the same issue. After adding a new table it was not visible in Model view but was visible in Report and Data. Closing and restarting PowerBi did the the trick. Seems like a refresh bug.

Further updates:

After doing data transformation and pivoting the data, i have updated the field names and saved the file. Loading the model window does not refresh the data and shows the old field names. Again closing and restarting PowerBi does the trick and the model view now shows the correct names.

I have only 3 tables in the file. Using PowerBi Version:

tango_0-1630138880581.png

Thanks

SM

edef

Hello @jake_BIVisual , 

I guess you have solved your issue by now. I have experienced the same issue as you. Closing Power BI Desktop and reopening it has solved the problem. 

Hope this helps. 

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jake_BIVisual 

It looks weird. Which version of Power BI Desktop are you using? If you are using the latest version, are you using the New Model View (Preview) or old Model View? How many tables are in this model? I see there is a default limit of 75 tables to be shown in the All tables tab. Not sure if this would be the cause. 

Reference:

Share your thoughts on the new model view UI (prev... - Page 5 - Microsoft Power BI Community

Power BI November 2020 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog

Kindly let me know if this helps.
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.