Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vilenm
Helper II
Helper II

Model Microsoft Exchange Data in Power BI for Response Times

Hi,

I do have email extract which contains the email common email fields and an email ID which is unique. This ID changes oer thread which makes it somehwhat difficult to link received email to replied emails because I can this work out per email received:

how many replies?

Whats the response time?

Please any advice on how I can do this much simpler ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi 

Thank you I will refer these articles, but what I did was to introduce conversation index which is found under the attributs for exchange data. I used the 1st 11 characters to represent email thread from received emails to replies.. Created 2 tables for received and replies including index bridge table. In this way I could relate the received emails with responses, ofcourse not all emails will have responses but most do in my case.

This puts me in a better position to now calculate the response times as well ofcourse with some careful dax in the case of multiple responses per received email. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vilenm ,

As far as I know, it does not seem to be possible to do this directly with Power BI.
In the course of my research for you, I found this article which I hope will provide you with some inspiration.

How to track email response time in Outlook? 

When you have some details, you can refer to the thread below:

Email Response time from Outlook Exchange 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi 

Thank you I will refer these articles, but what I did was to introduce conversation index which is found under the attributs for exchange data. I used the 1st 11 characters to represent email thread from received emails to replies.. Created 2 tables for received and replies including index bridge table. In this way I could relate the received emails with responses, ofcourse not all emails will have responses but most do in my case.

This puts me in a better position to now calculate the response times as well ofcourse with some careful dax in the case of multiple responses per received email. 

vilenm
Helper II
Helper II

Hi Caitlyn

Yes I do, however I am having a hard time trying to link received messages to replies as the message id seems quite unique. Seems as I one needs to use subject which to link on. But for every email received how many replies exist for them. I did use the exchange connector to import the data and analyzed it to try to find patterns to correlate the 2

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vilenm ,

I'm not quite sure if I understand your needs accurately. 

Do you want to implement statistics on email response time through Power BI?
Can you elaborate on your requirements in more detail?

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.