Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PetrK
Helper II
Helper II

Missing columns in function

Hi,

I have table with more than 20 columns with string values, but when I want to create new measure to get length of string in some of columns

myLenght = Len(...

PBI doesn't display any columns which are in table. It offer for selection just a few measures which I created before.

Why I can't use any column from my table?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@PetrK,

Measures require that you use an aggregate function to reference a column. For example, you can use the MAX function followed by the column name. Alternatively, you can create a calculated column which has a row context, and thus no aggregate function is required.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PetrK
Helper II
Helper II

thank you

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@PetrK,

Measures require that you use an aggregate function to reference a column. For example, you can use the MAX function followed by the column name. Alternatively, you can create a calculated column which has a row context, and thus no aggregate function is required.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.