Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Akil_oliveira
Regular Visitor

Missing Drill Through

My Drill THrough option is missing. Only the "tooltip" function is available in the reports. Would you know the reason it's happening? It's a new version.

Akil_oliveira_0-1673050801361.png

Akil_oliveira_1-1673050886716.png

Tks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had to create another report and for the new PBI, the Drill-Through was available.
Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
aggiemusicag
Regular Visitor

Same thing happened to me. I'm assuming it's just a glitch I guess. I just created a new page and copied all the visuals over to it as well. That fixed it. Strange!! 

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Akil_oliveira ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer or share you answer as the solution to close the case please. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I had to create another report and for the new PBI, the Drill-Through was available.
Thank you very much!

@v-rongtiep-msft I see that if a report page already exist, I dont see place to add drill thorugh fields, but if I copy all the visuals on a new blank page, place to add drill through fields become available (as soon as new page created). So it works this way.

even if we duplicate page, drill through field option is not seen, so as @Akil_oliveira  says, we need to create a new page. Is it a bug or is it by design, I am not sure! I am using Feb-2024 version and report was originally made 1 year ago or so.

Hi hi.

I followed the steps, still cannot get the option.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Akil_oliveira ,

I cannot reproduce the issue. My test version: 2.112.603.0 64-bit (December 2022)

I have created a simple sample, Here is my test output.

vpollymsft_0-1673229487713.png

Please refer to the document about drill through to see if it helps you.

Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you still need help, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Priya1969
Resolver I
Resolver I

Try the Tooltip, keep all the filter off  button and see.

I tried but it didn't work...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.