Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ratso

Merging multiple tables for yearly analysis

Hi, very new to this forum amd power bi as a whole so excuse me if this question has already been asked and answered.

I have multiple monthly spreadsheets with the exact same data set (column headers) that require merging and analysing over a years activity.

These are imported as linked tables from access.

My issue is... these are huge files and can exceed over 30000 rows so importing and merging them into one table takes an absolute age.

My question is... is there an alternative way of combining all the data without having to merge so I can still present a years activity in the visualisations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Ratso ,

if you want to have them all in one table, you need to merge, that's the only way to do it in power bi.

you can try doing it outside power bi on the data source level if this is applicable.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ratso

Shame, as when imported and then add a new month, re-analysis the same data takes forever.

Anyway I thought as much. Might try a access query to merge them all (still takes an age)and link the result in power bi.

Many thanks.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Ratso ,

if you want to have them all in one table, you need to merge, that's the only way to do it in power bi.

you can try doing it outside power bi on the data source level if this is applicable.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.