Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nuovo2
Regular Visitor

Measures

Hello 

I have about 10,000 member names and their country affiliation in an Excel spreadsheet. I imported this table into PowerBi Desktop and created a report. One of the reports shows me the number of members per country. I have the option of adding a calculation within this view in Power Bi. Country Y has X members, i.e. income for country Y is this much? The calculation method is relatively simple. Number of members multiplied by a fixed amount.

CountryMembers
UK345
GER400
FR500
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@nuovo2 What i understand from this, you have a table which has list of all 10K memebrs and their country name. You wish to calculate total income for each country (Total Members * Income). So in this case, you can have second table where you will have country name and the income then you can link first and second table on the country name and do the calculation.

Total Income= count(members) * sum(income)

Please let us know if you wish to have something else. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nuovo2 ,

Create a measure.

income = calculate(distinctcount(member),allexcept(table,country))*number

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Although I am new, I have also been able to implement your solution with success. I just want to add the thousands separator plus the euro symbol.

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nuovo2 ,

Create a measure.

income = calculate(distinctcount(member),allexcept(table,country))*number

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Although I am new, I have also been able to implement your solution with success. I just want to add the thousands separator plus the euro symbol.

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@nuovo2 What i understand from this, you have a table which has list of all 10K memebrs and their country name. You wish to calculate total income for each country (Total Members * Income). So in this case, you can have second table where you will have country name and the income then you can link first and second table on the country name and do the calculation.

Total Income= count(members) * sum(income)

Please let us know if you wish to have something else. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nuovo2 The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Hallo, vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback. Ich habe bereits zwei Lösungsvorschläge erhalten. Ich bin noch sehr neu und versuche, mich Power BI auf autodidaktischer Basis beizubringen. Ich werde die beiden Lösungen ausprobieren und mich dann mit ihnen in Verbindung setzen. Danke noch einmal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.