Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

topazz11
Helper III
Helper III

Measures on Matrix

Hi, I was wondering if this is possible.

I have a matrix with measures on rows and year on columns.

Value1, Value2, Value3 should go to rows but value 4 need to go to values in the Matrix field. 

Seems like it doesnt work, but in Excel it is possible  becuase i can convert value 1, 2, 3 as general/custom.

Q1.jpg

Or Can I convert the measures to text/general like Excel pivot table? 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @topazz11 ,

We can not put measure into the Row Field of Matrix visual, if you want to show it, we can create a calculated table to meet your requirement.

Table = ADDCOLUMNS(GROUPBY('Table1',Table1[item]),"Value1",[Value1],"Value2",[Value2])

9.PNG10.PNG11.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lc_finance
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @topazz11 ,

could you show an example of the initial table (the table you load into Power BI) and then an example of what you want the matrix to look like based on the same table?

Regards

LC

@lc_finance  

here is the example; I am trying to add 'value1' and 'value2' from value123 table between sts and date in the Matrix table. (Adding it to rows) 

pbix 

Thank you for your help.

Hi @topazz11 ,

We can not put measure into the Row Field of Matrix visual, if you want to show it, we can create a calculated table to meet your requirement.

Table = ADDCOLUMNS(GROUPBY('Table1',Table1[item]),"Value1",[Value1],"Value2",[Value2])

9.PNG10.PNG11.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Hi @topazz11 ,

i am not sure it's possible. If you want to convert your measure to string you can add &"" to it.

Value1 = 
CALCULATE(
	SUM(value123[no])&"",
	Year(value123[date])=2019
)

For example, this is the new measure that is now recognized as a string.

Sorry, I wouldn't know how to help you further,

LC

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.