Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ryanb2412
Helper I
Helper I

Measures not changing with slicer selection

Hello All,

I am working on terminations and my measures are not changing at all when I select a slicer option.  I am looking between Voluntary and Involuntary Turnover counts.  My two formulas are below for each measure that I have on a card.  I added a slicer from the same Termination Type column as what is used in the formulas below.  Whene I select voluntary or involuntary, neither card changes.  They both just keep the exact same count.  I have no other filters on the page set so I am lost.  I feel like this may be a simple fix but for whatever reason, I cannot seem to figure it out.

Voluntary Turnover Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('2020'[Termination Type]), '2020'[Termination Type] = "Voluntary")
Involuntary Turnover Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('2020'[Termination Type]), '2020'[Termination Type] = "Involuntary")

One interesting thing, when I added a date filter in the filters side pane, the slicer did work some, but not completely correctly.  Voluntary would be filtered out but the measure would still return a count of 10-12.  However, wihtout that filter in the side pane, the cards with those two formulas do not change at all.
2 REPLIES 2
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ryanb2412,

You can try modifying your measures as follows:

Voluntary Turnover Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('2020'[Termination Type]), FILTER(ALLSELECTED('2020'), '2020'[Termination Type] = "Voluntary"))
Involuntary Turnover Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('2020'[Termination Type]), FILTER(ALLSELECTED('2020'), '2020'[Termination Type] = "Involuntary"))

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,
Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Thanks, that works!  Could you please tell me why the FILTER(ALL SELECTED...) portion is necessary/what it does exactly?

Also, before making that change to the formula, I had a line graph mapping the % of workforce by quarter that worked correctly.  Now it just gives me a straight line with the same cumulative value for all 4 quarters.  For instance, Q1 would be 5% Q2 would be 12%.  The Total for all 4 is 25% so instead of having 5% for q1, it just shows a straight line at 25% for all 4 quarters.  Is there something that should be changed in the forumla to fix that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.