Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Ryanb2412
Helper I
Helper I

Measures not changing with slicer selection

Hello All,

I am working on terminations and my measures are not changing at all when I select a slicer option.  I am looking between Voluntary and Involuntary Turnover counts.  My two formulas are below for each measure that I have on a card.  I added a slicer from the same Termination Type column as what is used in the formulas below.  Whene I select voluntary or involuntary, neither card changes.  They both just keep the exact same count.  I have no other filters on the page set so I am lost.  I feel like this may be a simple fix but for whatever reason, I cannot seem to figure it out.

Voluntary Turnover Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('2020'[Termination Type]), '2020'[Termination Type] = "Voluntary")
Involuntary Turnover Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('2020'[Termination Type]), '2020'[Termination Type] = "Involuntary")

One interesting thing, when I added a date filter in the filters side pane, the slicer did work some, but not completely correctly.  Voluntary would be filtered out but the measure would still return a count of 10-12.  However, wihtout that filter in the side pane, the cards with those two formulas do not change at all.
2 REPLIES 2
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ryanb2412,

You can try modifying your measures as follows:

Voluntary Turnover Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('2020'[Termination Type]), FILTER(ALLSELECTED('2020'), '2020'[Termination Type] = "Voluntary"))
Involuntary Turnover Count = CALCULATE(COUNT('2020'[Termination Type]), FILTER(ALLSELECTED('2020'), '2020'[Termination Type] = "Involuntary"))

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,
Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Thanks, that works!  Could you please tell me why the FILTER(ALL SELECTED...) portion is necessary/what it does exactly?

Also, before making that change to the formula, I had a line graph mapping the % of workforce by quarter that worked correctly.  Now it just gives me a straight line with the same cumulative value for all 4 quarters.  For instance, Q1 would be 5% Q2 would be 12%.  The Total for all 4 is 25% so instead of having 5% for q1, it just shows a straight line at 25% for all 4 quarters.  Is there something that should be changed in the forumla to fix that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.