Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AMDU
Frequent Visitor

Measure to Substract values from differents rows and columns in a table

Hello to everyone, i have a problem, i need to substract/sum 2 values from different rows and columns.

I have this inventory table

AMDU_2-1695416574680.png

I need a measure because my data is very big. Also I have an index column but this is a summary filtered table table of all A and B items movements.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @AMDU 
You can use the offset function please refer to the tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3QY0DWts8w&t=6s

Also, you can download my PBIX with the example:

https://github.com/MadeiraData/MadeiraToolbox/blob/master/Power%20bi/Offset%20for%20difference%20bet...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you very much for answering Rita, i just checked the example and the problem i have is that i only want to calculate the substraction for A and B products and i have more and when i filter them the position change, lets say from "A and B" to "F and Z", so i need to have a fixed reference between these 2. But this offset function will help me a lot for other files, thank you again!

Hi @AMDU 

If a calculated column is not an option take a look at the linked discussion :

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Calculate-Difference-Between-Rows-Ro...

in your scenario, you can modify it to the index column 

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Im using a measure cause the values change when filtering dates, and other varibales like warehouse, category, and also the date is very big. When trying to use the index in the formules i have this question:

AMDU_0-1695475321794.png

When i filter out index i get the summary of the products  ,but if i want to use the index in formula i have to use the PRODUCT TABLE index right? , how can i do this? i tried to use "related" but i got errors.

@AMDU  if the relationship is one (products) to many (fact), related should work as a calculated column.

Thanks, could i do this using a measure? Im trying the lookupvalue but it seems the formula doesnt look up for text 

AMDU_0-1695477738796.png

I want to look up the index from product table, i have created a second index in the right side after the products so i can use the look up.

I don't think so...

If your data so large , it seems you need to do some preperations from the source...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.