Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure seems to be ignoring report level filter?

Hi,

I have a report level filter in but the measure I'm calculating seems to be ignoring it?  Not sure why this would happen.  Please help.

Capture.PNG

SA Final Yield % = 1-(SUM(YieldDataTable[Rework_SA_M2])+SUM(YieldDataTable[Scrap_SA_M2]))/Sum(YieldDataTable[RunQuantity_SA_M2])

In the table, run date and paint line description are both from YieldDataTable, so it shouldn't be a problem of the relationship.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that and it did not work.  So I manually added this line to all of my measures, which works.  I'm tending to think that this is a bug.

IF(SUM('Production_History (2)'[Quantity])<500,BLANK(),FINAL)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Why do you feel that the measure is ignoring the report level filter?

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because, as you can see in the screenshot, the measure is calculating 100% when quantity is blank.  I set the filter to be quantity >500.

@Anonymous ,

Is there any value in quantity column in 1/3 and 1/4? If possible, could you please share some sample data?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

There is no value in 11/2 and 11/3.  There is no data for those two days at all.  There is some sensitive data I couldn't share, but if you can let me know which data you are looking for, I could PM you a sample of those.

Thanks.

@Anonymous ,

So it's blank in the two days, right? You can calculate a calculate column Data = Table[data] + 0 to replace the blank cell with 0 and then use the report level filter to filter these rows.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that and it did not work.  So I manually added this line to all of my measures, which works.  I'm tending to think that this is a bug.

IF(SUM('Production_History (2)'[Quantity])<500,BLANK(),FINAL)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.