Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jflores
Frequent Visitor

Measure or Column Type

Hello comminity, I have simple Sum Measures for each cost type that are just

Sum Material Costs = Sum(All_Costs[Material]).  For some reason, Sum Material shows up as a column type where all the others correctly display measure type.  All field types under All_Costs are numbers.  I've tried removing the column from the model then re-adding it with no success.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

jflores_1-1686663183234.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you,

I deleted the measure and recreated it and that solved the problem.  Thank you for your response.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jflores ,

Sorry, after testing, my display is normal and cannot reproduce your scenario

You can check the following:

Check if there are any relationships between the table containing the Sum Material Costs column and other tables that might be causing the issue.

Check if there are any filters or slicers applied to the visual that might be causing the issue.

Is the version of Power BI Desktop up to date, if not, please update and reopen it in the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you,

I deleted the measure and recreated it and that solved the problem.  Thank you for your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.