Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PuddleRunna
Advocate I
Advocate I

Measure not working anymore on a single page

Hi guys,

Any idea why a measure or visual would suddenly not work on a specific page anymore?

I was trying to create a custom visual which worked fine on a new page. It doesn't work on the existing page, regardless of filters (I have removed all and set the same filters on the test page to no avail).

Instead of the expected values, the measures come back as 0 or 1 if I check.

PuddleRunna_2-1623841129235.png

Count on any other page is 18248.

Oddly enough, I have used the measure multiple times on that same page already and it displays the correct value:

PuddleRunna_3-1623841202545.png

The measure is also very basic: 

Asset Count Distinct = DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[Hostname])

Anyone with any tips? I don't want to rebuild the page as it has 14 Visuals 🙈

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PuddleRunna , custom visual or measure. Just check have saved some page or visual with drill values or with visual level or page level filters

Create a measure like

measure = " col1: " & if(isfiltered(Table[Col1], "Yes", "No")  & " col2: " & if(isfiltered(Table[Col2], "Yes", "No") 

This will let you know what all is filtered

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PuddleRunna 

Has your problem been solved ? If it has been solved, provide your method for the problem then consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PuddleRunna 

If you re-add the same visual on this incorrectly displayed page and apply this measure, what will be the effect ?

If the normal value is displayed, then the previous visual has a problem. If the displayed value is not normal, it may be that the specified page is drilled by other pages or visuals .

You can use the measure provided by SU to judge whether a column value has been filtered .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PuddleRunna , custom visual or measure. Just check have saved some page or visual with drill values or with visual level or page level filters

Create a measure like

measure = " col1: " & if(isfiltered(Table[Col1], "Yes", "No")  & " col2: " & if(isfiltered(Table[Col2], "Yes", "No") 

This will let you know what all is filtered

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.