Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Meassure with W.B.S and Path

Hey guys, I hope you find yourself great.

I'm struggling with calculations using Path in a WBS case.

Suppose that I have a project plan with its tasks, where I have the Physical Advance of those tasks that are not Summary Tasks. 

Capture.JPG

I need to calculate for those tasks that are Summary (Summary = "Yes") the physical advance.
The advance would be = (Duration * Percent Complete)/Duration.

The thing is that I don't know how to filter, for example, in task 2 all those No Summary Task belongs to 2 as a child. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Juanli, thank you for your answer.

Your thoughts are not quite correct.

The thing is that, when I want to calculate the % for task number 1 y need to calculate the Advance function for every task that is
1.(something) WHILE NOT BEING SUMMARY.

I managed to do this creating a duplicated table, keeping only whe WBS and duplicating again that column.

With one WBS column, I extracted that father of that task. For example, the task 1.12.1 would have one column for that task and one columns for the 1.12.

With this I used the PATH function, an then I created a calculated column in the original task table using CALCULATE (Sum(Advance)/Sum(Duration), FILTER (PATHCONTAINS (RELATED(Path)),WBS)), FILTER (SUMMARY <> TRUE()))
So in this case, I could find every task that has in its Path, the task I'm calculating.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Based on my understanding,

1. in task 2 all those No Summary Task belongs to 2   1  as a child.

2. result=(Duration * Percent Complete)/Duration.

for example

Task order1's physical advance

Duration=Duration of Task order1+2+3+4

Percent Complete=Percent Complete of Task order1+2+3+4

Right?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Juanli, thank you for your answer.

Your thoughts are not quite correct.

The thing is that, when I want to calculate the % for task number 1 y need to calculate the Advance function for every task that is
1.(something) WHILE NOT BEING SUMMARY.

I managed to do this creating a duplicated table, keeping only whe WBS and duplicating again that column.

With one WBS column, I extracted that father of that task. For example, the task 1.12.1 would have one column for that task and one columns for the 1.12.

With this I used the PATH function, an then I created a calculated column in the original task table using CALCULATE (Sum(Advance)/Sum(Duration), FILTER (PATHCONTAINS (RELATED(Path)),WBS)), FILTER (SUMMARY <> TRUE()))
So in this case, I could find every task that has in its Path, the task I'm calculating.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.