Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Max Value Lookupvalue

Hi Experts

Hwo would you look up the max value of a column using Lookupvalue - my measure currently is as follows with a filter condition..

Measure = Lookupvalue(input[value],Input[Year],M[Year],Input[bb],M[bb],Input[Period],M[Period],Input[Terms],"BTMT")

I only want to return the max of the Input[Value]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

oh...you want to overwrite current column in DAX? no...you are adding a new column...like this? How about using M?

Column = 
VAR T1 = FILTER(Input,Input[Year]=M[Year]&&Input[BB]=M[BB]&&Input[Time Period]=M[Time Period]&&Input[Terms]="BTMT Fee")
RETURN
IF(M[M Column]="M1",MAXX(T1,[Value]))

Vera_33_0-1617364955537.png

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , if this across two tables, then refer

refer 4 ways to copy data from one table to another
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu1mWxR23jU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czNHt7UXIe8

or

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit here is a sample file ignore the relationship as one to one its many to one on the bridge table ... and i want to take from the Input table the value of M1 and put that against M1 in the M table. The PBIX file is only show data for one month/period, but my master has mulitple period starting in 2012 to date.

Hi @Anonymous 

Where is the sample file?

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vdna17ffee0pf1/Test_2.pbix?dl=0 

Ignore the one to one relationship between bridging table should be many to one as i have only provided one month worth of data. 

Hi @Anonymous 

As you are using two identical tables (only value column is different), I am confused about what you want...

A measure to get a Max value from input table?

Vera_33_1-1617361138414.png

Or a column to get Max value from input table?

Vera_33_0-1617361099264.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vera. Elements of the two table i have show are the same. The rest of the column in both table are totally different.

I need a caculated column Value in the second table M to take the value for M1 where the Term type is BTMT Fee and put that value into a new column in table M. for M1 only... a measure is not going to work....

Hi @Anonymous 

Not sure if I understand it correctly...

Vera_33_0-1617364341062.png

Column = 
VAR T1 = FILTER(Input,Input[Year]=M[Year]&&Input[BB]=M[BB]&&Input[Time Period]=M[Time Period]&&Input[M Column]="M1"&&Input[Terms]="BTMT Fee")
RETURN
MAXX(T1,[Value])
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes nearly correct, can we just show for M1 only.....its repeating 10 for all M Periods...in M Column if possible....

oh...you want to overwrite current column in DAX? no...you are adding a new column...like this? How about using M?

Column = 
VAR T1 = FILTER(Input,Input[Year]=M[Year]&&Input[BB]=M[BB]&&Input[Time Period]=M[Time Period]&&Input[Terms]="BTMT Fee")
RETURN
IF(M[M Column]="M1",MAXX(T1,[Value]))

Vera_33_0-1617364955537.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

one last thing....can this be done in Power Query.... exactly the same.....

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Convert-Measure-to-Custom-Column-in-Power-Query/td-p/176159...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent.,....thank you god bless.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit I'll post a file in the next hr

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.