Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

matandradef
Frequent Visitor

Matrix with values group by custom Columns headers and Custom rows.

Hello guys!
I have two different metrics in a table of excel: Actual Payments and Budget Payments (they are different metrics in power bi also).

I've created some custom period metrics like Actual Payments YTD, Actual Payments MTD etc but I need these metrics grouped by custom period in the rows like in the image below. 
matandradef_0-1699908617432.png

Anyone can help me create these same tables in Power BI? I have a date column too.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @matandradef,

For your requirement, you can also try to create a table with all category type values. Then you can use this field on matrix and write a measure formula with switch function to use on matrix value field to achieve your requirement.

Solved: Re: DAX SWITCH + SELECTEDVALUE() - Microsoft Fabric Community

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @matandradef,

For your requirement, you can also try to create a table with all category type values. Then you can use this field on matrix and write a measure formula with switch function to use on matrix value field to achieve your requirement.

Solved: Re: DAX SWITCH + SELECTEDVALUE() - Microsoft Fabric Community

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Many thanks! You saved my life.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@matandradef , You can get that using calculations groups. They are now available on desktop

Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.