Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rainbow_isla
Frequent Visitor

Matrix table values with %

I am having trouble to show total response in matrix table.

By usign row %, I showed % in the table, but how can I show total response by people (not by %).

This is the example table what I want.

HotelSatisfiedUnsatisfiedTotal Response
A40%60%100 people
B50%50%100 people
Overall 45%55%200 people

Now I am in this stage as below

HotelSatisfiedUnsatisfiedTotal Response
A40%60%100 %
B50%50%100 %
Overall 45%55%100%

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi, @rainbow_isla 

Thank you very much for your message.

In my opinion, there are two ways to achieve this.

Under the each column there are two measures needed. One is for the Count, and the other is for the Percentage. In this scenario, insert two times of the same column, that is the ID column, into the Value section, then each cleanliness-column would have two results. Manually hide one of those.

2. If you have Tabular Editor as an external tool in Power BI, then you can create two different measures for 5 columns (including Total). I am not sure if you have installed Tabulare Editor in your Power BI desktop, but please let me know then I can show you how to proceed.

The link is down below.

Thank you.

Picture1.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0jc10ef4kloegc/toy.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rainbow_isla ,

I agree with the method provided by @Jihwan_Kim . As the following operation: Drag the columns that do not need to be displayed to the smallest:

Screenshot 2021-04-07 142111.jpg

v-henryk-mstf_1-1617776606315.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rainbow_isla ,

I agree with the method provided by @Jihwan_Kim . As the following operation: Drag the columns that do not need to be displayed to the smallest:

Screenshot 2021-04-07 142111.jpg

v-henryk-mstf_1-1617776606315.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rainbow_isla ,

According to your question, in powerbi desktop, the format returned by the same metric value or calculated column must be the same, so the format of the total and the format of the value in the same matrix visual must be unified. I also did a test based on the test file you provided, and the results are as follows:

v-henryk-mstf_0-1617689810018.png

Here is the sample pbix file.

If the problem is still not resolved, please let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @rainbow_isla 

if it is OK with you, please share your sample pbix file, then I can try to have a look to come up with a more accurate solution.

Thank you.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi @Jihwan_Kim 

Thanks for your reply. Here is the link for the sample pbix file.

Hi, @rainbow_isla 

Thank you very much for your message.

In my opinion, there are two ways to achieve this.

Under the each column there are two measures needed. One is for the Count, and the other is for the Percentage. In this scenario, insert two times of the same column, that is the ID column, into the Value section, then each cleanliness-column would have two results. Manually hide one of those.

2. If you have Tabular Editor as an external tool in Power BI, then you can create two different measures for 5 columns (including Total). I am not sure if you have installed Tabulare Editor in your Power BI desktop, but please let me know then I can show you how to proceed.

The link is down below.

Thank you.

Picture1.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0jc10ef4kloegc/toy.pbix?dl=0 

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Thanks @Jihwan_Kim How did you manually hide columns?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. 

You can control the width of each column by dragging your mouse, and you can drag it until you don't see the column. (Somthing like making the width of column to 0.0000000001cm)

Thank you.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.