Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lkalawski
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Matrix sorting based on the tooltip

Hi!

Case:
I have a matrix that has two levels of data in columns and two in rows. And for this I have a measure as Value.

Problem:
How do you sort rows based on another measure that doesn't appear in Value? In other visualizations (bar chart etc.) you can use the tooltip and sort. In the matrix, unfortunately, there is no such option.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thank you in advance.

BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lkalawski 

You may take a look at the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-Add-some-blanks-Column-to-separate-2-measures/m-p/88...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
baghdadi62
Resolver III
Resolver III

Another way is to add sort measure to the matrix and sort by it. And finally hide the column by just dragging the column width to be very small.

@baghdadi62 wrote:

Another way is to add sort measure to the matrix and sort by it. And finally hide the column by just dragging the column width to be very small.

Unfortunately, I can't do this because I have two levels of data in columns and rows, and for each additional column will be added containing values for this measure and I would have to hide all columns every time.

Example2.png

Unfortunately, after adding a new measure it looks like this. And I'd like to sort the rows based on Sum of Sales Amount for Total, so that you can't see Sum of Sales Amount.Example3.png

@lkalawski 

You may take a look at the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-Add-some-blanks-Column-to-separate-2-measures/m-p/88...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
baghdadi62
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

in the matrix you cannot sort columns or rows by measures. But you can use sort by column. consider that only column can use in Sort by Column:

Suppose we want to sort month column.Suppose we want to sort month column.

baghdadi62, I can sort in PBI based on the measure I use in the matrix. But I can't find a way to sort based on another measure (which can be added in a tooltip, e.g. a bar chart).Example.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.