Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

croberts21
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Matrix: how to hide rows where sum of 4 values is zero?

I'm still pretty new to PBI. I have Free PBI Desktop v2.100.1182 (64 bit free version Dec 2021) on Windows 10. I use an ODBC driver to connect to a Postgresql database server.

I have a matrix with columns for department, which can be drilled down to cost center. 4 values are summed by cost center but some cost centers have all 4 values of zero. I want to hide these cost centers where the 4 values are summed to zero. So I want to hide the row Dept 300 Cost center 325.

croberts21_0-1647953184640.png

In the above example you see the bold Dept 300, with a cost center 325 below it. I would like to hide that row because the sum of the 4 value columns is zero. I have right-clicked CostCenter field and "Show items with no data" is unchecked. The Costctr of 325 is shown because it has a value, which is zero. All 4 value columns, esthours, acthours, estcost, actcost, are all calculated in the matrix for me. The matrix settings looks like this:

croberts21_1-1647953329854.png

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

I've already done some searching on this forum with no luck. I found a few similar articles but they did not help. The "Show items with no data" only seems to apply to blanks and nulls, not zero values.

4 REPLIES 4
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you using measures for the values?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

No, the values are not measures, they are numeric fields.

Use measures instead, alon g the lines of:

Remove 0 =
SUMX (
    'Table',
    CALCULATE ( IF ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ) <> 0, SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ) ) )
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Thank you. If my fields I am summing are called EstHours, ActHours, EstCost, ActCost, where in your formula are all 4 fields summed?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.