Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matrix Grouping

Hi, how do you do a percentage off of two fields in the matrix grouping?
In this example, you see the totals here and I'm looking to do a [data changes] / [assessments administered] but every formula I've tried, including a simple [data changes] / [assessments administered]  gives me incorrect results.

How would I go about creating a formula to show % (it seems so simple to do but wow, what a challenge it's been!)

In my grouping the following:
Row: User Name
Columns: Assessments Type
Values: Assessments Administered
            Data Changes

SteveFromLI_0-1638368270511.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on what I've gotten, it seems to add up all the calculated percentages to get the total.

Please try using a measure like this:

Measure =
DIVIDE ( SUM ( [Data Changes] ), SUM ( [Assessments Administered] ) )

If it doesn't work, please share your sample pbix file's link here, then I can try to look into it to come up with a more accurate measure.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on what I've gotten, it seems to add up all the calculated percentages to get the total.

Please try using a measure like this:

Measure =
DIVIDE ( SUM ( [Data Changes] ), SUM ( [Assessments Administered] ) )

If it doesn't work, please share your sample pbix file's link here, then I can try to look into it to come up with a more accurate measure.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much  _ Zeon Zheng! It was the answer to my question and because of it i was able to finally take my complete my report and hand it over to validation!  You are my hero!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

if these are measures

This should world

divide( [data changes] ,[assessments administered])

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi amitchandak. thanks for your help so far. I tried to use the divide command but it didn't work.  
Maybe here's a better example.

When I use a drilldown, the calculation works great on the detail, but in the totals in the same calculation, the result is different
For example, the calculation is simple here :Data Changes/Assessments Administered
when drilling down through alice rater, you see the % detail correctly under alice.rater,but when you look at the top data point you see the calculation is incorrect.

So my question is, why is the aggregation wrong and how would I fix that?  I think that is where the solution lies.

SteveFromLI_0-1638377488782.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.