Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Masure to get total invoiced from another table where period is in the same year

I have two tables.

Table 1 Invoice:

Megaoctane_0-1675686621582.png

Table 2 Reminders:

Megaoctane_0-1675686676816.png

Now i want to create a visual for reminders per year per period. It is the red ones i am having issues with:

Example for one year, (I have data for many years)

YearPeriodReminder sum

Total invoiced

same period

Reminder sum

percentage of total invoices

2022P19003.60025%
2022P220040050%

I have a Date table, so Reminder date and invoice date have a relationship.

I am able to create the first three columns, but for the next columns, i am really struggling.
I have tried to write a measure:
TotalInvoiced=CALCULATE(SUM(tbl_Invoice[Amount]),FILTER(tbl_Invoice,tbl_invoice[Period]=
But i am not able to set tbl_invoice[period] =tbl_Reminder[Period].

Tbl_Reminder doesn't show up as a valid choice. If i hardcode it, it says (translated from Norwegian):

"Cant determine single value for the column 'Period', this can happen when it contains too many values without aggregation, for example min, max, count or sum to get a single result."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DvdH
Helper V
Helper V

Hi. This is because u are trying to filter it based on tbl_invoice.period while this is connected to Reminders.
It cannot filter on multiple values in this way.
Are the 2 tables connected with a relation??

DvdH_0-1675686807428.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they are not related with any relation. 
I am not entirely sure how to relate them, as the invoicenumber only appears once in tbl_Invoice, but it can appear multiple times in tbl_Reminder. 

Period is also a many to many, and i am not sure what to choose if am to relate these?

Can u show us the ERD? cross out any sensitive information and replace with dummy data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Megaoctane_0-1675688191782.png

Termin = Period

Fakturadato= Invoice Date

PurreDato = Dunning/reminder date

Following your hint about relationship between these two tables, I created a dummy table, called tbl_Termin (period), and creating a relationship between tbl-Purring(reminder) and tbl_Faktura(invoice), i managet to get the correct data.

Perfect, I was gonna look at the ERD and check if there was a many:many relation needing a middle dummy table with both unique values from either table. Good that u figured it out. Tag me in any other posts if i can help i will.

DvdH
Helper V
Helper V

Hi. This is because u are trying to filter it based on tbl_invoice.period while this is connected to Reminders.
It cannot filter on multiple values in this way.
Are the 2 tables connected with a relation??

DvdH_0-1675686807428.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.