Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maps - hatch fill when two criteria met?

Hi all,

On filled maps, is it possible to have a country covered by two colours (in a hatch pattern or similar) when it meets two criteria.

For example, France has both solar - yellow and wind - blue; therefore the fill should be yellow and blue stripes, as opposed to a solid colour of either. There's multiple combinations to consider which would make it tricky to have a unique colour for each combination, so just wondered if this was something PowerBI could do?

I know I can do this with the bubble map, but wondered if there was a filled map alternative that I was missing? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently, for the latest version of powerbi desktop. It is not possible to fill two or more colors in the fill map visual.

I think this is a good idea, so you can post your idea here: Ideas - Microsoft Power BI Community If there are a lot of votes. Microsoft officials will consider adding this feature in the next update.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

At present, the latest version of powerbi desktop cannot implement this function in the fill map temporarily, and similar map visual can not be found in power bi visual.

vhenrykmstf_0-1624006682353.png

Maybe I misunderstood your needs. So I made a test, choose fill map visual, you can choose different colors according to different positions in one area, whether it is the result you want.

vhenrykmstf_1-1624006719289.pngvhenrykmstf_2-1624006739095.pngvhenrykmstf_3-1624006794217.png

related video link: Power BI Tutorial for Beginners 7 - Filled Map in Power BI - YouTube

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - yes, I was aware that I could change certain colours, but it was if there was a way of (where multiple entries existing for the same location) that both colours would feature in the 'fill'.

The bubble map does this to a fashion, but I can tweak the way I present the data too.

Thanks again 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently, for the latest version of powerbi desktop. It is not possible to fill two or more colors in the fill map visual.

I think this is a good idea, so you can post your idea here: Ideas - Microsoft Power BI Community If there are a lot of votes. Microsoft officials will consider adding this feature in the next update.

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.