Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pantpratichhya
Regular Visitor

Mapping functions from excel or access to Power BI

My work is trying to switch from excel and access to Microsoft Power BI for reports, calcuations for efficiney purposes. Being on the financial side, i need to provide feedback on how to "map" the formulas that are catered in specific reports in excel or access to BI, such as sumiffunctions, vlookups, count, if functions, pivot table, remove duplicates, filtering etc, macros. Now i run a report on ACCESS and export it to excel and pretty much have autopoluated the reports to update the month to month tab and refresh the remaining tabs to get the most accurate numbers.
Since I dont have an IT background, I am having a hard time visualizing how to map these functions/formulas in BI so i can provide the developer and the Business Analyst my exact specifications in rgeards to the formulas and functions used in excel and access?
Can you customize the functions and formulas in BI when we export the data from the server exactly as I am doing right now, and would it be automated based on how it is formulated by the IT team?
Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pantpratichhya,

It's DAX functional language in the Power BI, which is different from Excel functions. If you can show up the desired result, the IT department could know what to do. If you want the mapping function, please create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.