Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

adild2k
Frequent Visitor

Mapbox rendering issue

Hi Team,

I have been using MapBox with Power BI desktop and Power BI service for quite a while but this time i am using MapBox based on SQL Server 2019 Analysis Services Tabular Model, its taking now ages in order to rander the latitude and longtitude on the mapbox. We are showing delivering orders through a restaurant to a respective customers based on latitude and longitude. 

adild2k_0-1600267983648.png

i am not able to understand why its taking so much time where i am showing only the lat and long on the mapbox along with Sales and the store name. By the way, the store name and the drop pin is coming from Mapbox studio styleset.

Please help ......

1 REPLY 1
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adild2k ,

Do you use "Live Connection" connection mode to connect to SSAS?

It takes too long to display the visual?

Power BI does not import data over connections that operate in DirectQuery/LiveConnect mode. Instead, the dataset returns results from the underlying data source whenever a report or dashboard queries the dataset. Power BI transforms and forwards the queries to the data source.

Although DirectQuery mode and LiveConnect mode are similar in that Power BI forwards the queries to the source, it is important to note that Power BI does not have to transform queries in LiveConnect mode. The queries go directly to the Analysis Services instance hosting the database without consuming resources on shared capacity or a Premium capacity.

In other words, the query speed in this mode depends on the performance of the machine where your data source is located.

Performance and load on the underlying source 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.