Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

B_Real
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Mapbox Visual zoom behaviour

So there's a Mapbox Visual, yay! It's currently in preview mode only, so I would expect some niggles. Here's one!

There is constant absurd zooming behaviour every time you make a change to the visual, e.g. adding/removing a field to/from the 'Color' setting, turning the 'Circle' (or heatmap, cluster, chloropleth) buttons on/off, the list is endless! Each change zooms the visual out to nearly minimum zoom, which is basically most of Africa, all of Europe, and a bit of Russia and Saudi Arabia. Annoying!

Also there doesn't seem to be a way to set the default view settings for when the map is first loaded, e.g. in Leaflets in R you can do: 

setView(-2, 53.623, zoom = 6)

This sets the lon, lat and zoom level of the map when first loaded.

Anyone else having these problems? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cheers @v-jiascu-msft, will go there for future.

For anyone coming across this problem here, I found out why this behaviour was happening. It's a data problem. I had a handfull of longitude & latitude coordinates that were 0,0. It looks like mapbox automatically sets the default zoom level to include all of your data, which in my case was North East of England to somewhere just south of Ghana.

This makes sense but is still kind of annoying when you're zoomed in to a specific area and want to say add heatmap to see the effect on that area... as you will automatically get zoomed out back to your default zoom level.  

If this keeps annoying me enough I'll go and post it to mapbox on Dales link.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @B_Real,

Since it's a custom visual from the third party, I would suggest you go to https://www.mapbox.com/help/power-bi/ for professional support.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Cheers @v-jiascu-msft, will go there for future.

For anyone coming across this problem here, I found out why this behaviour was happening. It's a data problem. I had a handfull of longitude & latitude coordinates that were 0,0. It looks like mapbox automatically sets the default zoom level to include all of your data, which in my case was North East of England to somewhere just south of Ghana.

This makes sense but is still kind of annoying when you're zoomed in to a specific area and want to say add heatmap to see the effect on that area... as you will automatically get zoomed out back to your default zoom level.  

If this keeps annoying me enough I'll go and post it to mapbox on Dales link.

Hi @B_Real,

Thank you so much for sharing. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.