Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnwarHossain
Frequent Visitor

Mapbox: Choropleth 2 levels using Mapbox and Power BI - Zooming only shows one level

Hey Guys,

I have created a 2 levels Choropleth map in Power BI using Mapbox visual. Ideally, I would like to default at Admin level 1 (Province) showing maps and colors at that level and then as I zoom IN more, it should switch to Admin level 2 (District) and show map and colors at level 2 and vice versa.

The issue is -currently as I Zoom in and out, I only see coloring at only one level (depending on what Admin level is on top of location level as shown below). However, if I click on ‘Go to the next level of hierarchy’ or drill up button, then it does show maps and color at appropriate level. But I need natural zooming in and out to show different levels as opposed to clicking on drilldown/up  button.

I have added all the details of Mapbox and Power BI setup in the below files with lots of screenshots to provide a clear picture what I have.

Mapbox Choropleth in PowerBI - Challenges

I would appreciate if someone could help me figure out what the issue is. 

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello Anwar, good morning!

I have the same intention as you... I have three territorial levels: Region / province / district, and I would like the Power Bi filter to allow me to "travel" between all three levels by zooming in or out... Did you manage to do it?

Thank you

v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Did the first reply solve your issue?

Best Regards,

Giotto

@v-gizhi-msft, @MFelix  - the issue I described is specifically for Choropleth map which has different settings of course than Circle map. So unfortunately that solution would not work.

Thanks,

Anwar

Hi,

Hope this can help:

https://docs.mapbox.com/help/tutorials/power-bi/ 

Best Regards,

Giotto

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AnwarHossain ,

I never worked  with this visualization but to what I can understand you can define at what level the zoom changes the settings.

Check the blog post below, and if you need any further assistance please tell so I can test it out and give some feedback

https://docs.mapbox.com/help/tutorials/power-bi/#update-layers-based-on-zoom-level

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.