Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cdezier

Map legende issue

Hi,

I have an issue with map legendes.

My first column is "Countries" and categorised as so.

My fourth column is "Colour".

When I create a map, all the countries get the same circle, with colour subsets. It's not what should be!

In the screen shot below, which is a 2014-year filtered map, Egypt should appear with only three colours (grey, purple, blue). Actually, it appears (as all the other countries) with all the colours possibilities. For instance, "Yellow" should not appear...

I failed to find out how to fix this issue.

Would really appreciate your help.

Hoping my English is clear enough, since I'm French ;)...

Kind regards,

C

Table usedTable usedAll the circles have the same number of subset, which is not goodAll the circles have the same number of subset, which is not good

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@cdezier,

It seems to work fine on my machine, please check again.

Table =
FILTER ( Table1, Table1[Column1] = "Egypt" && Table1[Year] = 2014 )
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

As I am a rookie at Power BI, I hardly understand where I have to enter this formula :(...

Moreover, does it mean that I have to do that for all my table ? Each country, each year ?...

My aim is to get a map where each country has its relevant circle with the relevant colours inside the circle.

Thanks again.

C

@cdezier,

Start your learning journey through Power BI.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-2-6-create-calculated-tables/

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/guided-learning/powerbi-learning-3-4-create-slicers/

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.