Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JCBI1023
Helper III
Helper III

Map Visualizations Help

Community, 

I have a spreadsheet with 'Ship- to City', 'Ship-to State', 'Ship-to Zip Code', & 'County Name'. 

I modeled the data with the correct Data Categories for the respective columns listed above i.e. County Name has a Data Category of County, Ship-To City has a Data Category of City, Ship-To Zip has a Data Category of Zip Code, Ship-to State has a Data Category of State.

I want my map visualization  to saturation by County. Obviously when I use the County column as my Location, I get erroneoous resuilts. My results should stay within the correct State & Zip Code. How do I group this information together so the saturation is correct? I'm assuming I need to create a calcuated column that has a combination of City, State, Zip, & County?

Can someone show me how to do that? 

Picture showing current saturation using JUST 'County' with saturation in other Countries:

County.pngData.png

Above is the snapshot of the data columns. 

Also, why does the Zip Code column lose the preceding 0? If other words, if a Zip Code starts with a 0 is does not show the 0. Can I get that to populate? Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Try concatenating your geo fields, here are few links for your reference:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tips-and-tricks-for-power-bi-map-v...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Incorrect-map-location/td-p/19374

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.