Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JamesBurke
Helper II
Helper II

Map Box

Hi All , 

I'm currenlty Using a Map Box visual combined with the ChoroplethScreenshot 2024-04-30 161615.png

I'm Intrested in some form of Labels for the Buildings to Make it clear which building is which, i'm aware in the Normal Map box maps they come with icons and Labels , i'm Just stuggling to use this when combined with 3d Buildings , I'm assuming it would include adding it to the tileset as a point but i'm not sure how to show this on this visual. 

Would i also need to give the point height ? i'm guessing just above the Buildings height ? 

Thanks James. 

1 REPLY 1
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesBurke 

Using Map Box Studio to customize your map layers. You might be able to create a custom style that includes both 3D buildings and labeled points. This custom style can then be integrated into Power BI as a Map Box visual. Keep in mind that any adjustments in Map Box Studio would need to be compatible with how Power BI renders Map Box visuals.
Typically, labels and icons in Map Box are part of the map's style and are included in the tile set data. When working with 3D buildings, you're correct that you might need to add these as points in your tile set. However, integrating these directly with 3D buildings in Power BI's Map Box visual might not be straightforward due to the limitations of custom visuals and the specific capabilities they expose.

Review the Power BI Developer Visuals Samples, particularly those related to map visuals, for any examples or techniques that might be applicable to your scenario. While there might not be a direct example of what you're trying to achieve, you could find inspiration or techniques that can be adapted.

Here I find some links that may help you:

mapbox.com/blog/labels-in-studio

Display buildings in 3D | Mapbox GL JS | Mapbox

Examples of Power BI visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.