Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

atlasB
Frequent Visitor

Manual start value time x-axis

I have several column charts with time (ie the column is data type time, not date time) in hourly bins on the x-axis (the times are several years of meeting start times). Basically, the charts show the busiest hour of the day.

I want all the charts to have the same start value on the x-axis. However, when I select the custom x-axis start field, a date picker appears. Picking a date makes the x-axis unreadable. And I cannot type a time into the start value field, as it just gets a red outline.

How can I set a custom start value for an x-axis measured in time?

2 REPLIES 2

I suspect it is a bit buggy. I have a calc column set to time that will only display as date/time on the x axis. Could you convert/format the time as a decimal number instead?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

@MattAllington wrote:

Could you convert/format the time as a decimal number instead?

This lets me enter a start value, but causes the graphs to show difficult to interpret axis labels. I set the data type to decimal number. This allows me to set a start time across each chart, but it appears as 0.25 which is meaningless (I want it to say 06:00). When I set the data type back to time, the value I entered as '0.25' changes to "01/01/1970 10:00:00 am", and causes the graph to show nothing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.