Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atlasB
Frequent Visitor

Manual start value time x-axis

I have several column charts with time (ie the column is data type time, not date time) in hourly bins on the x-axis (the times are several years of meeting start times). Basically, the charts show the busiest hour of the day.

I want all the charts to have the same start value on the x-axis. However, when I select the custom x-axis start field, a date picker appears. Picking a date makes the x-axis unreadable. And I cannot type a time into the start value field, as it just gets a red outline.

How can I set a custom start value for an x-axis measured in time?

2 REPLIES 2

I suspect it is a bit buggy. I have a calc column set to time that will only display as date/time on the x axis. Could you convert/format the time as a decimal number instead?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

@MattAllington wrote:

Could you convert/format the time as a decimal number instead?

This lets me enter a start value, but causes the graphs to show difficult to interpret axis labels. I set the data type to decimal number. This allows me to set a start time across each chart, but it appears as 0.25 which is meaningless (I want it to say 06:00). When I set the data type back to time, the value I entered as '0.25' changes to "01/01/1970 10:00:00 am", and causes the graph to show nothing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors