Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manage roles: How to set up correctly

Hello,

I have a report showing data for 8 departments. One type of user can see the data of all 8 departments. But I also need roles for users that can only see data of their department.

I have a slicer to select the department. In my main measure (that is then used in a lot of other measures) I used the selectedvalue of this slicer.

Value Sum =

VAR scl = [Selected Scale]
VAR dpt = [Selected Department]

RETURN

CALCULATE(
SUM(tabel_Transactions[Value])
;PATHCONTAINS(tbl_ProfitCentre[Path];dpt)
) / scl

When I want to create roles it is not working probably because I use selectedvalue in my measures?

E.g. I tried this managed role: 

[Department] = "Facilities"

But then no data is shown. 

I also tried to deselect any department in the slicer and that also does not work. 

Any idea how to solve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

About how to build hierarchy RLS, I would suggest you refer to third-party blog below:

https://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-organizational-hierarchy-power-bi

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

About how to build hierarchy RLS, I would suggest you refer to third-party blog below:

https://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-organizational-hierarchy-power-bi

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.