Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MELISSARESTORE

Making relationships between two segments of a job

I am newly employed with a restoration company. Currently, we have phases to each job but each phase has it's own job number. I want to use Power BI to connect these job phases and show a mapping of "work in progress" jobs and reflect where we are in said job and how close we are to completion. I'm struggeling making the connections between them as there are many jobs and each has multiple phases. 

3 REPLIES 3
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

its hard to help without knowing what your data looks like, the answer to your problems is how the data is modelled, but without seeing what tables you have and the shape of your data, its hard to assist.  you need to share some sample data

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Is there a way (if I black out sensitive information) that I could give you a little snippet to give you an idea?

thats fine, you can also use something like https://www.mockaroo.com/ to create sample data, but without know what your data looks like its impossible to know how to advice you, you can also just reveal what tables you have, do you have multiple?

in the power bi layout you can share whats in that model, it doesn't reveal your data, but you need to say what exactly you are struggling with and what you expect as a solution. 

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.