Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

thefal
Frequent Visitor

Make amount of chart equal to unique values in column

I am trying to do something that may or may not be possible in Power BI.

Say I have a table with the following rows:

ID, Value, Target Value, Maximum Value

1, 90, 80, 100

2, 75,95,100

3 65,50,100

I want to have 3 Gauges (or Tachometre, but Gauges are OK too), each using the corresponding Value, Maximum, and Target.

However, when I refresh my data, now I have 4 rows. I want my report to automaticaly update and now show 4 Gauges instead of 3, maybe in a matrix-like grid.

In Reporting Services this was possible, as you could put a chart inside a table cell. Is something like this possible in Power BI? Or is there a workaround for this problem?

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @thefal,

I want to have 3 Gauges (or Tachometre, but Gauges are OK too), each using the corresponding Value, Maximum, and Target. 

However, when I refresh my data, now I have 4 rows. I want my report to automaticaly update and now show 4 Gauges instead of 3, maybe in a matrix-like grid.

It is not possible for us to achieve that when we refresh the data, the report will show 4 Gauges in Power BI. The refresh only refresh the values in the visuals not refresh visuals.

In Reporting Services this was possible, as you could put a chart inside a table cell. Is something like this possible in Power BI? Or is there a workaround for this problem?

In Power BI, It may be impossible for us to put a chart inside a table cell. 

As a workaround, you could try with custom visual VitaraCharts - MicroChart which could put line chart, bar chart and Bullet chart in the tables.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.