Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LucaA
Helper IV
Helper IV

M Language Syntax problem from Excel 2013 to 2016

Hi All,
i cant figure out why i am getting this problem after passing from excel 2013 to 2016.
The syntax seems correct and also PQ editor says that it is fine but then the step is considered wrong.
=Text.Select(Text.Start([IdRisorsa],2),{"A".."Z"})

The formula worked perfectly in excel 2013 then, with the passage to the new version, it started giving error. The error is "Expression.Error: The name 'Text.Select' wasn't recognized. Make sure it's spelled correctly."

Moreover the exact same formula works on another PC. I cant understand what is going on. If i insert the formula in formula bar everything is ok.

pls help really important.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @LucaA ,

I tested above M function in my Excel 2016, it worked fine.

1.png

This problem looks more related to Excel itself. I would suggest you post a thread on Excel forum for help.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @LucaA ,

I tested above M function in my Excel 2016, it worked fine.

1.png

This problem looks more related to Excel itself. I would suggest you post a thread on Excel forum for help.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks, i will try there.

Bye

Luca

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.