Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TomG
Regular Visitor

Lookupvalue error: A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to retrieve a value from another column using the DAX function LOOKUPVALUE(), but I'm getting a very annoying error: A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected.

I'm trying to execute the following DAX formula:

next trans name = VAR visord = [order_within_visitor] VAR visid = [visitor_id] RETURN 
if(visord = MAXX(FILTER('public pageview', [visitor_id] = visid), 'public pageview'[order_within_visitor]), 
"Exit",
LOOKUPVALUE([page_transname], 'public pageview'[order_within_visitor], (visord+1), 'public pageview'[visitor_id], visid ))

I want to retrieve the next value of a series and put it in the "next trans name" field. I need to check if it is the last value of the series, because it should have a different behaviour when it is. If it's not the last number in the series, it should lookup the page_transname for that record and put it in the "next trans name" field.

I have something like the following datastructure (very much simplified):

visitor_idorder_within_visitorpage_transname
01Home
02About
03Search
11Home
12Detail

Does someone know what the problem might be?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomG
Regular Visitor

Tackled the problem! Happens to be that there are 2 duplicate values in my dataset of 100,000 records... Didn't see that!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomG
Regular Visitor

Tackled the problem! Happens to be that there are 2 duplicate values in my dataset of 100,000 records... Didn't see that!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.