Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

souzanatanpower

Lock image and change color

Hello. I'm starting now in the community and also using powerBI. Doing some work I realized some limitations in the tool. I will cite two:
First: I'm trying to do the stylization on my project. But I realized that I do not use the borders. But the problem I encounter is: I can not block the background image. When I click on the select, all right, but when I click on the image, it overlaps my selects, so I can not use it.

1º

2º When I click the background image

Second question: I can not change the colors on my map. When I made the map the first time, I did it. But now when I change my caption and try to change the colors, it just does not change. How do I resolve these issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @souzanatanpower,

Regarding Problem 1:

That's happening because you have placed 4 slicers on top of your background image. Totally they are 4 separate entitites so when you click on the background, it gets kinda activated and gets highligted over these slicers.

You should resize your slicers such that they cover your entire background so that even if you click on the background (virtually) the hit will be on any of the slicers area.

This way they wont be hidden.

Thanks !!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@souzanatanpower,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? I am not able to reproduce your issue when adding sample background image to report page in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.46.4732.721)? Would you mind sharing me your background image or PBIX file?

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
souzanatanpower

Hello. I'm starting now in the community and also using powerBI. Doing some work I realized some limitations in the tool. I will cite two:
First: I'm trying to do the stylization on my project. But I realized that I do not use the borders. But the problem I encounter is: I can not block the background image. When I click on the select, all right, but when I click on the image, it overlaps my selects, so I can not use it.

1º

2º When I click the background image

Second question: I can not change the colors on my map. When I made the map the first time, I did it. But now when I change my caption and try to change the colors, it just does not change. How do I resolve these issues?

Hi @souzanatanpower,

Regarding Problem 1:

That's happening because you have placed 4 slicers on top of your background image. Totally they are 4 separate entitites so when you click on the background, it gets kinda activated and gets highligted over these slicers.

You should resize your slicers such that they cover your entire background so that even if you click on the background (virtually) the hit will be on any of the slicers area.

This way they wont be hidden.

Thanks !!!

I resized my slicers covering any size in a way that even if it was over the background of a knock out of the cutters area. And about the problem of not being able to change the color. Do you have any ideas?

Hi @souzanatanpower,

I am sorry but no idea about why you are not able to change colors because that should not happen.
I would suggest you to for once just re create that map and then check. If it still does not resolve your issue, can you share your PBIX file to help you better.

Thanks !!!

In this link you have my pbix. (Wait seconds to download) http://aniteca.zlx.com.br/Pitw

Hi @souzanatanpower,

Looked at your PBIX, seems to be a limitation of ShapeMap visual which you have used.
Can you switch to FilledMap visual, there the color is changing.

I will meanwhile dig more deeper to understand the reason behind issue in ShapeMap and will convey to you.

Thanks !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.