Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GIS87
Frequent Visitor

Local report processing error

I have report in report builder that is filtering by using a where clause in the query.  This is working fine with all the parameters I currently have, however, when I added another parameter (with just another AND statement), I'm getting this error:

The 'Value' expression for the query parameter '@workphaseparam' contains an error: The expression references the parameter 'workphaseparam', which does not exist in the Parameters collection. Letters in the names of parameters must use the correct case.

The process is as follows:

1. Dataset has this as part of the SQL where clause:

"AND workphase=@workphaseparam"

2.  Dataset's Parameters are defined as:
@workphaseparam = [@workphaseparam]

3.  Which ties into the report parameter "workphaseparam".  Is this the Parameters Collection the error is referring to?  The report parameters?  Any insight is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GIS87
Frequent Visitor

Apparently the issue was with the ordering of the parameters.  The settings were fine, but once I moved the parameter higher up on the parameter list, it worked.  I wasn't aware that parameter order mattered.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GIS87
Frequent Visitor

Apparently the issue was with the ordering of the parameters.  The settings were fine, but once I moved the parameter higher up on the parameter list, it worked.  I wasn't aware that parameter order mattered.  

Hi @GIS87 ,

Please consider marking your answer as a solution, this will increase the referral weight for searching similar problems and can help more users who are searching for this question, thanks~

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

GIS87
Frequent Visitor

I have narrowed the issue down to the query parameter.  When I set the parameter value as a defined string value, it works.  When I try to set it as the parameter value, it fails with the referenced error.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.