Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ankush-vem
Frequent Visitor

Loading data from Business Central

Hi Team,
I'm facing an issue while loading data from Business Central to PowerBI. Once I load the data, there are quite a few columns which are present in Business Central but not present in PowerBI. 
Could I get some help in fixing this issue? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Eider
Regular Visitor

Hola @v-kkf-msft 

Estoy con un problema similar. 

Tengo una tabla con una columna personalizada en Business Central y al pasar la tabla a Power BI, esa columna personalizada no me aparece. ¿Cómo puedo hacer para que aparezca?

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @ankush-vem ,

how are you connecting the Busiess Central to Power BI?

Using Odata? 

I have connected to Get Data > Online Services > Dynamics 365 Business Central.

Hi @ankush-vem ,

Go to Power Query Editor in order to see they were included (can then Expand the column to include portions needed). 

If those columns which are not present in PowerBI are custom fields in Business Central, you can refer to the following post to import custom fields.

Add Customized Field Options to Power BI's Dynamics 365 Sales Template 

Measure Your Custom CRM Fields Using Microsoft's Power BI Template 

PowerBI Deep Dive: Using the Web API to Query Dynamics CRM/365 for Enterprise 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-kkf-msft ,
So when I connected to the Production environment of Business Central to Power BI, it shows only 30 columns when I load the data. Whereas when I check for the same table in Business Central, there are 44 columns. Some of the missing columns are the key to the reports and without them I can't get started to work on them. When I look at the preview of the table it mentions "The data in the preview has been truncated due to size limits".
Also, when I previously used the Sandbox environment I was able to load all of the 44 columns. 

Hi @ankush-vem ,

what you see in the Navigator is an info more than an error: we are simply informing the user that the table shown inside the navigator is a preview of the whole data-set. To see the full table you have to either Edit of Load the database. 

image.png

Are the unloaded columns some custom columns of Business Center? Power BI cannot import custom columns using the Dynamics 365 Business Central connector, so you need to try other methods. You could check if the link I posted in the previous reply is helpful.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.