Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markusb
Frequent Visitor

Live connection to Power BI Dataset not showing all data

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a new report in PBI Desktop based on a dataset in PBI Service.
The problem I have is that some tables are not showing any data, while other do. For example my date table and the geography table show data, but the sales table is empty.
I know that all the tables contain data since I already have another report based on the same data and that works fine. 

Any ideas how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I found the problem.

One of the csv files which was used has been moved to another location. I fixed this and re-published the dataset and now it works.

Still don't understand what exactly was happening, because the tables where I didn't see the data there not related to that specific file. Really weird, but now it works again.

Thanks all

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This sounds weird .....i would recommend to open a Power BI Support Ticket !!

I think I found the problem.

One of the csv files which was used has been moved to another location. I fixed this and re-published the dataset and now it works.

Still don't understand what exactly was happening, because the tables where I didn't see the data there not related to that specific file. Really weird, but now it works again.

Thanks all

jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Markusb 

Please check the source Power Bi Dataset which you are using is refreshed or not . If not please try to refresh the dataset of that file on the service and then refresh the file on which you are currently working. Hope that works !!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please be more specific. Where are the not showing data? In Power Query or in the user interface/visuals?

@Ibendlin THe data doesn't show in the visual. SInce this is a live connection to a PBI dataset, I cannot even open Powerquery.

@jaideepnema I refreshed the dataset, but still the same issue. But interestingly enough it's not always the same tables which do not show the data. In my original report the data dimension was blank, but the geograpgy dim was showing the data. I now creaetd a new report and connected to my refreshed dataset and this time the date dim is fine, but geography is blank.
I already tried different version of PBI desktop, but get the same result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.