Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

carloxvii

Live Connection from a SharePoint list

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to have a live connection from a sharepoint list? I need a realtime update on our dashboard once there is a new data entry on our sharepoint list. I've managed to make a dataset from our sharepoint list but it needs a scheduled refresh to update our dashboard. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@carloxvii , I doubt direct query connection is supported with the Sharepoint list.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@carloxvii , I doubt direct query connection is supported with the Sharepoint list.

I guess I'll stick with my current set up. Thank you for your response, have a nice day!

@carloxvii , Schedule a refresh on service. Pro max 8 per day, Premium 48 per day

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data

Yes, that's my current set up with scheduled refresh. Thank you!

I have been experimenting with publishing the pbix file into a read-only folder ... The users use Power BI desktop to open the report, click on Refresh Data when they first open the report (or any time they like after that) and the data is "near-realtime" up to date.  With the folder read-only the user is not able to save back over the source report ... and has the ability to save a local copy and modify as they like.  Any agreed upon modifications can be "promoted" into the read-only folder by someone that has write capability

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.