Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

isabella2003199
Frequent Visitor

List matrix

Hi everyone,

I have a document with different chapters. Then I have diferent people who have to say to which chapters they are compliant or not (the different option are compliant, not compliant, partially compliant or aknowledged). Basing on a slicer on the names of these people, the table has to readapt showing me only the coloumns that are not compliant (NC) or partially compliant (PC).

ssss.PNG

So for example if I select on the slicer Matthew, I would like the table to adapt hiding the chapters that are compliant for him and showing me only the coloumns that are NC or PC.

Any ideas?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @isabella2003199,

As Chapter values are placed as column headers in Matrix visual, it is not possible to hide/show columns dynamically based on slicer selection.

As a workaround, you can switch the Row and Column fields added to Matrix. Please see below image.

1.PNG

Create a measure. Select Matrix visual, add this measure into visual level filter, set its value to 0.

Measure1 = IF(LASTNONBLANK('List Matrix'[Value],1)="C",1,0)

2.PNG

Result.

3.PNG4.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
isabella2003199
Frequent Visitor

Hi evryone,

excuse me if I was not totally clear. I have a document with several chapters as for example:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

I have different actors, as:

Rob
Bob

Tod

Each actor has to say if he is Compliant (C), Not compliant (NC) or partially compliant (PC) to each chapter of the document. The resulting table will be like this:

Ch1       |           Ch 2           |          Ch3          |

Rob                      C                         C                          NC

Bob                      NC                      PC                         C

Tod                      C                         NC                        C

On the slicer, selecting the name of actors, I want to plot only the chapters with the NC or PC values, hiding the header of the chapters of the table with C values. As for example, i I select Tod:

Ch2

Tod                                          NC

Thank you,

Isabella

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @isabella2003199,

Please share some sample tables, including table structure and detailed records to help us better understand your requirement. Is above image your desired output? Do you want a matrix visual to display data?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi evryone,

excuse me if I was not totally clear. I have a document with several chapters as for example:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Rob
Bob

Tod

Each actor has to say if he is Compliant (C), Not compliant (NC) or partially compliant (PC) to each chapter of the document. The resulting table will be like this:

Ch1       |           Ch 2           |          Ch3          |

Rob                      C                         C                          NC

Bob                      NC                      PC                         C

Tod                      C                         NC                        C

On the slicer, selecting the name of actors, I want to plot only the chapters with the NC or PC values, hiding the header of the chapters of the table with C values. As for example, i I select Tod:

Ch2

Tod                                          NC

Thank you,

Isabella

Hi @isabella2003199,

I have a document with several chapters as for example:

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Rob
Bob

Tod

Is this your table structure? Chapter1, Chapter2, Chapter3 are detailed records of a single column or column names?

How should I know for example, whether Rob is is Compliant (C) or Not compliant (NC) for Chapter1?

Reference: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Hi everyone,

chapter 1, 2 and 3 are the coloumns name as Rob, Bob and Tod are the names of the rows. The value are C NC or PC. The table is fixed, I mean I have all the value in the table concerning all the coloumns and all the orws. However, if on the slicer Iselect for example Tod, I do not want to see the coloumn names of the table in which tod is compliant, so the table as to become shorter, not displaying me all the coloumns.

I hope I was clear.

Thank you in advance

Hi @isabella2003199,

As Chapter values are placed as column headers in Matrix visual, it is not possible to hide/show columns dynamically based on slicer selection.

As a workaround, you can switch the Row and Column fields added to Matrix. Please see below image.

1.PNG

Create a measure. Select Matrix visual, add this measure into visual level filter, set its value to 0.

Measure1 = IF(LASTNONBLANK('List Matrix'[Value],1)="C",1,0)

2.PNG

Result.

3.PNG4.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

mattbrice
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Some sample data would go a long way in helping with this. As is no info on table structure or model design so anyone would be guessing. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.