Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zamboni1199
Helper II
Helper II

Linking a table to a chart

Hi - I have a report of data I'm presenting.  Underneath it, I've a added a chart to reflect that same data.  When I add a filter to the report on top, the chart below does not get automatically updated with that filter too.

Is there a way to link the two so that a change to the report above is reflected in the chart below?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, the solution was pretty obvious but I just missed it.  When I set up my filter, I mistakenly set it for "Filter on this Visual", which filtered the table data only.  By changing the filter to "Filter on this Page" it filtered both the table and the visual underneath it on the same page. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
slschmitt
Frequent Visitor

Hello - 

Did you set up a relationship between the tables? 

Thank you.  It's one table of data with a visual underneath it.  Is there a way to set up a relationship between the tabular data above and the visual below it?

So click on the filter and go to Format > Edit Interactions. On the visuals, select the Filter icon in the top right.  This will tell the visuals to filter each other and interact with each other when you filter. 

Hi thanks for your time slschmitt.  I figured it out.

Ok, the solution was pretty obvious but I just missed it.  When I set up my filter, I mistakenly set it for "Filter on this Visual", which filtered the table data only.  By changing the filter to "Filter on this Page" it filtered both the table and the visual underneath it on the same page. 

Hi @zamboni1199 ,

It's glad to hear that you find the solution to your problem. Could you please share your solution and mark your post as Answered if you are willing to? And it will help the others find the solution easily if they face the same problem with yours. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.  I know I'm not doing something right.  I have the table data filtered by year (>= 2021).  I then clicked on Edit Interactions, clicked on my visual and clicked on the filter icon.  Nothing happened.  I still have 2019, 2020, and 2021 data in the visual.  Perhaps you can right click on the image below and "Open in New Tab" to view it.  Thanks.

zamboni1199_0-1617889705674.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.