Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

thalitakadlec
Frequent Visitor

Line and Stacked Column Chart Labels - Position "Above" doesn't work in some cases?

Hello!

On the images below you'll see 4 charts for 4 different metrics, all of them being reported in 5 different categories: Chem, Corp, D/S, GSC, U/S.

I have chosen to Line and Stacked Column charts as a solution to report them because I needed to show the total amount per column, beyond the individual amount per category. So I used the Line part of the chart to show the total amount and I formatted as seen below. However, even though I chose the position "Above" for the Total (Line) labels, in one of the columns for one chart they don't show at all, and on another one they are showing below, as you can see on the green circles on the images.

Any idea of how to fix this or why this is happening if I specifically set the position to Above?

Or even another solution to get to a similar result?

Thanks!

metrics2.jpgmetrics1.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

In my opinion, it is probably a bug (which you can feed back to the powerbi team here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/ct-p/PBI_Comm_Issues   )

I also think that a workaround is to manually change the y-axis end option (for a larger number) in the format section.  It is probably set to Auto and it doesn't have room for the label. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.