Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pedanticpad
Helper II
Helper II

Line & Column Chart - Measure Works as a Column, not as a Line?

Hi,

I have a measure (Measure1) that is working perfectly as the column in the line/column combo chart to give the forecasted utilisation of each area.  I tired to create a 2nd measure that I was going to use as a line on the chart (set up to just display the data label) to call out where the forecasted utilisation is over 100%.  This wouldn't work but I tracked the issue back to the original measure.  If I use Measure1 as the line it seems to ignore the areas and calculate an overall utilisation % instead of utilisation by area.  See below graphs where the utilisation is calculating as 112% for Fri, Dec 11 when used as a column but 18% if the measure is used as the line.  Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

Note: I only have one area displaying at the moment, there will be 4 areas per day

Measure1:

ForecastedUtilisation% = sum(Table1[Est_TotalMinutes]) / MAX(Table2[MinsPerDay])

Measure2:

TargetUtilisationHighlight = if ( [ForecastedUtilisation%] > 1, [ForecastedUtilisation%], 0)

Measure1 used as a bar:

image.png

Measure1 used as a line:

image.png

1 REPLY 1
littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

It seems there isn't any data for Dec 10 so it's not drawing a line

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.