Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

skedis
Helper I
Helper I

Line Graph - Show Only Lines Below Threshold Line

Hi Everyone,

Need some advice on how to display only lines that have a value below my SLA line? I have this line graph that shows applications and their uptime % across the year. However, I want to only show lines that are below the SLA. How can I do that?

Right now, I have a measure where I categorize the uptime Above SLA or Below SLA. When I use the measure in the filter panel to show only Below SLA it gives me only the data points.

Uptime_Buckets = IF([pct_uptime_converted] >= 99.9000 , "Above SLA", "Below SLA")
skedis_0-1699336455549.png

The purpose of doing this is to only bring focus to the applications not meeting the SLA. Right now, the visual is too busy and I want to minimize the noise by having the ability to only show lines that are of interest.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

6 REPLIES 6
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skedis ,

Based on your description, I made simple samples and you can check the results as follows:

vtianyichmsft_0-1699519699160.png

Original data on the left, filtered below 99.90 on the right.It can also screen data above 99.90:

vtianyichmsft_1-1699519796066.png

For DAX:

Measure = var _T = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[DateTime]),FILTER('Table','Table'[pct_uptime_converted]<99.90))
return IF(_T<>BLANK(),0,1)

Please feel free to correct me and provide more information if I have misunderstood you!

An attachment for your reference. Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-tianyich-msft,

Thank you for your time and efforts in trying to help me resolve this issue. 

However, @TomMartens  solution was closer to the solution I'm looking for, it showed the entire application's uptime for the year because the application's datapoints fall below the SLA line. However, it only showed 1 of the 8 applications that fell below the SLA line. 

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @skedis ,

consider creating a pbix file that contains sample data, but still reflects your data model: tables, relationships, calculated columns and measures. Upload the pbix to onedrive, google drive, or dropbox and share the link. If you are using a spreadsheet to create the sample data instead of the manual input method share the spreadsheet as well.

Do not forget to describe the expected result based on the sample data you provide. Also add data visualizations to a report page and describe how you expect the result is "mapped" to the visual(s).

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@TomMartens I've had trouble uploading to google drive to share a link with a sample file. Apologies, I will respond as soon as I figure out what's the issue. 

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @skedis , 

creating a measure is the way to go.

But you do need to check if there is any value in the series that is above/below the SLA, if this is the case than the measure returns e.g. 1 for every data point in the series, instead of checking the an individual data point.

You can achieve this by creating a measure like so

measure to hide series =
if(
    countx(
        allselected(<the column from the xaxis>)
        , if( [datapoint] < [sla]
            , 1
            , blank()
        )
    ) > 1
    , 1
    , blank()
)

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Tom,

Thank you for answering so promptly! I tried the measure you suggested but it's still not quite right. At the moment, it is only showing one of the applications that meets the criteria. However, I expect ~8 lines to appear that fall below the threshold.

skedis_0-1699382695673.png

I placed these values into a chart to see the measure's values against other applications and it's only tagging the 1 application below the SLA.

skedis_1-1699383005347.png

Here is what the measure looks like -

hide_series =
if(
    countx(
        allselected(Dates[MonthYear])
        , if( [pct_uptime_converted] < 99.9000
            , 1
            , blank()
        )
    ) > 1
    , 1
    , blank()
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.